Without further a do, here is the reading challenge list:
- Animal in Storyline: Groundhog day is February 2nd. I decided to go with a story that includes an animal in it.
- Love in the Title: With Valentine’s Day being the biggest holiday of the month, I couldn’t pass that up. So find a book with the word “love” in the title.
- Athlete or Sport: Superbowl Sunday is also this month. Find yourself a book on your favorite athlete or team and read up on them!
- Feast, Party, or Religious Celebration: Since we are celebrating Jewish holidays this year, I included this one in the list. Purim is this month, which is the recognition of Esther and her sacrifice for her people.
- Heart on the Cover: To keep up with the Valentine’s Day theme, I decided to go with hearts on the cover.
Here is the list that I plan on reading for this month:
- The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Way of Karate by George E. Mattson
- Hanukkah by Frank Ra
- Cold Night Warm Belly by Paul Allen
Now you may notice that my choice for #5 is a recipe book. I don’t care what type of book it is that you read, as long as you read it. With recipe books, I don’t read ingredients and directions word for word. But I do read all of the informative pages and other info, along with skim all of the recipes. So to me, that is reading a book. It counts on my list!
If you would like to join me this month you can leave a comment below! Feel free to leave your blog link also if you feel like reading along with the challenges!