I have just read this book for the second time today, and probably not my last. My plans this morning when I started it was to read one chapter each morning until I was done. With 13 chapters, it would take me almost 2 weeks. But I couldn’t put it down today, so I finished it.
This is a very important book for every Christian to read. It’s hard to believe that there are Christians out there who don’t believe that they are fighting the spiritual world every day, but apparently there are.
Fellow Christians: We are fighting against the principalities of darkness constantly. Reading this book will help you to recognize when that is happening. The authors also include prayers throughout the book to show examples of prayers and the way that you can learn to pray to protect your household and yourself. Maybe even more!
A couple of quotes that I really thought were powerful:
“…May I remind you again that our resistance by itself is not what causes Satan to flee, he flees because of the power of Jesus which is ours through prayer.” – Paul Billheimer
“In the natural world, we would have no difficulty understanding how to apply disinfectant to an infection. We would take the disinfectant and sprinkle or pour it upon the infection, and the result would be that all germs and living organisms present in that infection would die.
Now we should have no difficulty in doing the same thing spiritually. Wherever Satan is at work, we must apply the only corrective antidote there is — the Blood of Jesus. There is absolutely no alternative, no substitute…This is why Satan has always tried to take the Blood out of our churches. If there is not disinfectant, then his demons are free to continue their deadly work of destruction in spirit, soul, and body…” – H.A. Maxwell Whyte
“We firmly believe a Christan who is walking in right relationship to God cannot be possessed by a demon. that would imply ownership or total control, and a Christian belongs to Christ, not the devil. But a believer who has compromised with the enemy–who has fallen into idolatry and removed himself from God’s protection–can certainly be tormented, harassed, or open to deception by demonic forces.” authors of book
Things I need to remember and take away from this book for myself and my family:
- To pray for the Lord to protect our house and property before we leave.
- When I feel fear and panic during the windstorms, I will pray for God’s protection upon our house and to stop all of the devil’s destruction.
- To recognize and notice traits of a bad spirit taking over and pray against it.
- To pray for my surrounding neighborhood, cities, states, and even nations across the world.
- When I feel threatened, call out in the name of Jesus to take control and banish the demons (Psalm 44: 4-7; Luke 10:17-19; Revelations 12:11; Luke 4:4, 8, 12; Matthew 21:19).
- That I have the power to pray away the devil and his demons from my family and husband.
- To pray for my husband when he seems to be fighting depression, anger, anxieties and panic attacks.
- That when I pray something in Jesus’ name and by His Blood, they are binding and powerful prayers.